Friday, June 14, 2013

Family Portraits || The Kemp Family

The Kemp family is so delightful.

The anticipation of family shoots stress me out. I feel ill-prepared to pose and arrange all those people. And it does stress me a bit.

But, with this shoot, I took a step back and realized, "I am here to capture their story, not the perfect poses ever or how cute everyone looks. I am their storyteller." Which was the perfect way to approach this shoot, being laid back and asking them all questions, I truly feel I captured their story.

I first met these lovely human beings at our homeschool co-op. The whole first semester, they were new at the co-op and so was I. Being the new family in the co-op is never fun, especially if you are very quiet (like they were). During the winter semester, I finally sat down and started talking the Kaleb and Kaylee and I was able to grasp a sense of how wonderful this family was. And then, I started talking to Mrs. Kemp and there went my impression of them being quiet! I believe I am truly blessed to have this family in my life and am so very privileged that they chose me as their storyteller.

Kemp Family-1
Kemp Family-5
Kemp Family-9
Kemp Family-10
Kemp Family-18
Kemp Family-28
Kemp Family-34
Kemp Family-37
Kemp Family-39
Kemp Family-43
Kemp Family-51
Kemp Family-55
Kemp Family-65
Kemp Family-59
Kemp Family-68
Kemp Family-71

No comments:

Post a Comment