Monday, June 10, 2013

Portraits || Eastlyn

Eastlyn was my first pen pal. 


We found one another via the big wide world of blogging and found each other again on Facebook. Over the course of 3 years we have talked back and forth, getting to know one another better, cheering each other on in the Lord, and being there for one another. 



I always dreamed of the day I would be able to meet this wonderful human being, but was never sure when exactly it would happen. I knew eventually it would, but I wasn't sure when. Then, a trip to Indiana was planned over Memorial weekend and my Grandpa offered to take me over to Ohio to meet Eastlyn. 



Once the day was set, Eastlyn and I went back and forth about what we'd do when we met and I confided it'd be amazing to meet Lydia and Sarah (two other amazing photographers that I've followed and gotten to know on Facebook and who are also close friends of Eastlyn). Come to find out that they wanted to meet me as well, so I was going to meet my 3 photography gurus (seriously, when I have a photography question, they are my go-to ladies!) who are all 3 gorgeous and lovely.



I was ecstatic  I was so excited but afraid that it wouldn't really happen, kind of like a dream that is amazing and then you wake up and it isn't real. But, it truly ended up being real.



When we got to about 5 miles away from Eastlyn's house, I started getting nervous. I asked myself, "What if we can't think of anything to talk about? What if they don't like me? What if?" I seriously had butterflies in my stomach. We pulled in and I took a deep breath and walked to the door. I took another deep breath and opened the door. 



Standing there was Josh (Eastlyn's husband) with his huge smile and eyes twinkling. And then I saw Eastlyn. Standing there, also with a huge smile. Seeing these wonderful people in front of me and so very real was overwhelming. I seriously almost lost it. Really, right there in their kitchen. 



About a 20 minutes later, Lydia arrived (more about her in another post) and then later Sarah (and again, another post). As we sat around Eastlyn's table talking photography and life like we have known each other for forever. As we went out and took pictures, I was reminded that these girls were real people. Truly authentic.



It was kind of like meeting a celebrity for the first time. You think you know them, but there is this feeling of them being almost not human and being totally different than you. I mean, they obviously aren't aliens, but since you've never met them in person, they really seem like you or me. And meeting these girls and spending time with them, I realized that they are real people and not some kind of god. (not that I revered them as such before) It was a startling realization.



Eastlyn is amazing. She is so unbelievably creative and talented. Her photography has grown by leaps and bounds since I've first known her. She also is gorgeous and has a truly wonderful husband. She loves the color yellow and that is evident throughout her house. She desires to serve God and that has been such an inspiration to me. She was much quieter than I expected, but that doesn't mean that she has nothing to say, she does! I love her so very much and I hope to call her my friend for the rest of my life.




Eastlyn
Eastlyn
Eastlyn
Eastlyn
Eastlyn
Eastlyn
Eastlyn
Eastlyn
Eastlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment